Thursday, April 29, 2010

Food Shortage?

SOURCE: ABC Food Safety

Today i found out that most of the foods that I consume are imported from other places. No wonder I stopped seeing many products like milk, oranges and other fresh things since the oil crisis began. Now that I think about oranges i feel like eating one of those sweet and juicy oranges, but they are really hard to find and if I'm lucky enough to find some they are really expensive. Last week when I went to a store all the way across town I found some oranges and they were at $5/Lbs. That is really expensive. Now that most of the foods that I like do not come to me i have to become a locavore. This means that I'm going to start buying things from the local neighborhood. To get the freshest fruits and vegetables I need, I would also have to go to Echo Park Community Garden. This is the closest community garden to my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment